Read in UKR
We are pleased to announce that DEJURE Foundation is 5 years old today.
During this time, thanks to a reliable partnership and cooperation with you, we have managed to achieve considerable results, which we can be sincerely proud of.
Together with partners from the public sector and the international community, we have advocated:
- the launch of the Anti-Corruption Court
- the introduction of the bill on liquidation of DACK by the President
- inclusion of new sets of court data in Resolution № 835, disclosure of court data is recognised as one of the priorities of state policy in the field of open data
- the launch of judicial reform - bills № 3711-d on restarting the HQCJ and №5068 on clearing the HCJ
We have also:
- filed 241 disciplinary complaints against judges for 2020-2021. So far, 39 disciplinary proceedings have been opened and 12 judges have been punished.
- filed 38 lawsuits with the HCJ, the DACK, and the Constitutional Court regarding violations of access to public information. So far, 21 cases have been won. The Supreme Court has twice ruled that certain provisions of the HCJ Rules restricting access to disciplinary proceedings are illegal. The HCJ was forced in court to publish its previously unpublished rulings and all decisions in an open data format.
- supported the Concept of Legal Education Reform and contributed to the significant promotion of legal education reform
- analysed 1,279 files of judges and candidates for the judiciary. We have also ensured the continued work of the Public Integrity Council.
- proposed the model of reform of the Constitutional Court
- achieved the approval in the first reading of the bill on the reform of arbitration courts and proposed the concept of reform of commercial courts
- helped to launch a program to rehabilitate juveniles suspected of committing crimes.
Thank you all for being around. Together we can definitely do more!