This study analyzes the selection process of judges to the High Anti-Corruption Court (HAC), which was conducted between August 2, 2018 and April 11, 2019.
For the purpose of completeness of the analysis, the selection procedure isdivided into six stages based upon the different points whencandidates can be removed from the selection process following the results of the analysis in that stage:
- Admission to thecompetition
- Filtering by the Public Council of International Experts
- Dossier studyand interview with the HQCJ
- Consideration by the HCJ of the recommendations of the HQCJ
- Appointment of Judges by the President of Ukraine
The report analyzes problems associated with each of the selection phasesand related judicial affairs.
The study ends with a list of recommendations for the HQCJ, which will help to prevent the repetition of identified issues.